Sunday, May 8, 2011

Technologies Leave Kitties Behind


Seriously.

In this world of the cellphone, the internet, tweets and facebook, how come there's no way to let my kitty know I'm thinking about him when I'm not there?

Cats don't read cards you send them, they don't answer the phone, and it turns out their paws are too lunky to work a computer keyboard. They don't care about facebook, and if you ask them about tweeting they just get all "where's the bird" on you.

I wish I could live in the past, where you could call your home phone and the cat could hear it. And you could say stuff like, I'm tied up at work, start dinner without me. And, hope you're feeling better, please do not throw up in my underwear drawer again. Or, utty wutty puddums!

That's all I got to say.

2 comments:

  1. A former roommate and I experimented to see if cats and dogs would respond to our voices over the phone. For some reason they don't seem to recognize them at all - or stubbornly refuse to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish screensaver--I know that's kind of retro, but I think it might work.

    ReplyDelete